Retainers, Deposits and Payments
- We will book your order upon receipt of a signed contract and a 50% (100% in the case the cake is booked less than 14 days in advance) NON-REFUNDABLE retainer.
- The retainer is paid to reserve your date and is NON-REFUNDABLE in the event of a cancellation.
- The final balance is due before delivery.
- If your cake is booked less than 14 days before the event date, the total amount is due immediately and a 25% rush fee (or a minimum of $25) will be incurred.
- If the Client fails to make payments, Little Z’s Cakery will cease work, the order will be cancelled and any payments made will not be refunded.
- Changes to your order such as size, decoration, flavors, etc. will be accepted until 14 days prior to the delivery.
- Changes are subject to extra fees that are dependent on the changes being made.
- No changes will be allowed within 14 days of the delivery date.
- The Client must notify Little Z’s Cakery if there is a change in the date of the event or a complete cancellation. If you need to change dates or move your event, we will be happy to make accommodating arrangements subject to availability. We are not obligated to accommodate a date of which we are already fully booked, and you are still responsible for the total amount set in the original contract.
- Cakes cancelled more than 14 days before the delivery date can be refunded up to 50% of the total balance. The 50% retainer will not be refunded. Any special materials bought specifically for your order will be deducted from the refund.
- Cakes cancelled less than 14 days prior to the delivery date will not be refunded.
Delivery and Setup
- Free delivery of cakes to a residence or indoor venue within a 5-mile radius of Little Z’s Cakery.
- Delivery is required for all tiered cakes and certain carved or sculpted cakes.
- Deliveries further than a 5-mile radius or to an outdoor location will be quoted based on distance from Little Z’s Cakery and the type of cake.
- A $50 fee will be charged for any cake requiring setup at the location of delivery.
- Little Z’s Cakery cannot be held responsible for anything that should happen to the cake once delivery is complete.
- The Client is responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table and cake stand(s) if using. Direct sunlight and temperatures of 75 degrees and higher may have drastic and adverse effects on any cake.
- Cake stands and trays should be made available at the time of delivery if Little Z’s Cakery will be setting up.
Handling and Care
- Cakes should be served at room temperature. Cold cake has a tendency to taste dry.
- If refrigeration is needed to prevent the icing from melting, the cake should be kept in the box provided in the refrigerator until one to hours before serving.
- Sugar paste and fondant are not designed to be refrigerated. Cakes with these decorations should be stored in a cool, dry place, preferably in the box provided. Refrigeration may cause colors to run and/or bleed or decorations to become soft and sag.
- Little Z’s Cakery cannot guarantee our cake will look exactly like another artist’s. We reserve the right to make changes to the design to make it our own.
- Color matching is not guaranteed, however, we will do our best to match color schemes. The colors blue and purple or any shade of these colors cannot be guaranteed. These colors are very unstable and may fade and/or bleed into surrounding colors of frosting.
- We may photograph our cakes, and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- We are not a certified allergen-free kitchen.
- We maintain a clean kitchen and equipment; however, cake ingredients or machinery may come in contact with nuts, milk, wheat, soy, and egg products.
- The Client is responsible for communicating any allergy concerns before ordering.
- Our labels include a list of common allergens as required by California’s cottage food law. However, you are responsible for informing your guests of any potential allergens.
- Little Z’s Cakery cannot be held responsible for any allergic reactions.
- If you will be using any fresh flowers on the cake, it is your responsibility to provide them.
- You must inform us when ordering if you will be using fresh flowers. We will include the arrangement of flowers in our pricing.
- Some flowers are poisonous. You are responsible for the research of the flowers, and Little Z’s Cakery cannot be held responsible for any allergic reactions or poisoning due to flowers.
- You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants.
Toppers, Adornments and Special Equipment
- All items provided by the Client (except cake stands and/or trays) must be submitted to Little Z’s Cakery at least 7 days prior to the event.
- We cannot guarantee the quality or food safety of a topper or adornment not prepared in our kitchen.
- You assume the risk of any adornments purchased from other vendors.
- We will do our best to design the cake to accommodate toppers and/or adornments you provide based on the pictures, dimensions and weight the Client provides, but we cannot guarantee they will fit.
- We promise to do everything in our power to deliver you a cake that exceeds your expectations. We will work with you on every level to make sure you are completely satisfied and happy with your order. Our goal is for every client to love the taste and look of their cakes and to return to us for their next events.
- In the rare event you are unhappy with your cake and would like a refund, please call us the day of your event so that your cake can be returned. Without proof that you are indeed unhappy with the product and will not be using it for the event, we are unable to refund any portion of your payment.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Little Z’s Cakery to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
- In the case of an unavoidable situation, such as a car accident or poor road conditions during delivery, Little Z’s Cakery cannot be held liable for more than the cost of the above ordered cake.
- Little Z’s Cakery is not responsible for bodily injury, property or consequential damage, which may result from services.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake or shortage of cake caused by anyone NOT employed by Little Z’s Cakes.
- If you or your representative pickup an order, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession. Little Z’s Cakery is NOT responsible and NO refund will be given if any damage is caused.
- We will not deliver a cake if payments have not been received in full.